- Municipal Office
- Animal Control
- Board of Selectmen
- Code Enforcement/Health Officer
- Emergency Services (Fire & Police)
- Town Clerk & Tax Collector
- 182 Kings Highway
- Middleton, NH 03887
- Phone: (603) 473-2261
The Town office is closed on the following holidays:
New Year’s Day, Civil Rights Day, President’s Day, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Columbus Day, Veterans Day, Thanksgiving Day, Thanksgiving Friday, Christmas Day(Back to top)
Animal control can be reached through the Strafford County Dispatch Center at 603-473-8288. The Dispatch Center will send the on-duty officer to assist you in your needs.
Animal Control Laws are enacted by the State of New Hampshire. A list of applicable laws can be found at the below link.
Links(Back to top)
Phone: (603) 473-5208
- Monday: 9:00-1:00
- Tuesday: 9:00-5:00
- Wednesday: 9:00-1:00
The Board of Selectmen is, by New Hampshire State Statute, granted the responsibility to appraise the value of property. As in most towns in New Hampshire, Middleton’s Selectmen engage a professional Assessing firm to perform assessing duties. The Town of Middleton has contracted Avitar, an accredited New Hampshire based assessing firm for this purpose. They also employ an Administrative Clerk whose position includes assisting with the day to day assessing duties:
- Updating and maintaining all assessing, sales, land data, tax maps, building permits, and all town-approved exemption information both manually and in CAMA database.
- Producing semiannual Tax Warrants, all State (DRA) required and requested reports, abatements, exemptions and other forms and correspondence as needed.
- Working with the citizens, answering questions on assessment, abatement, and tax exemption issues. Working with other assessing customers including Real Estate Agents and Appraisers.
- Perform ancillary administrative duties including phone coverage, filing, copying, producing correspondence and specialized report creation as needed.
Please visit our Documents section for additional documents.
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Abatement Info Including Forms
- Current Use Including Forms
- Registry of Deeds
- Low and Moderate Income Homeowners Property Tax Relief DP-8
- Permanent Exemptions (Solar / Veterans)
Board of Selectmen
Board of Selectmen meetings are held on the first, second and fourth Monday of every month. The meetings are held at the Old Town Hall at 6:30pm. The second Monday is designated for department heads to give their reports and discuss issues with the Board of Selectmen. The public is welcome to all meetings. Selectmen welcome public input during during Public Comment at the end of the meeting.
- Carol Long - Selectmen’s Secretary / Bookkeeper
- Email: email@example.com
- Phone: (603) 473-5202
- Fax: (603) 473-2577
- Hours: Monday - Thursday 8:00-4:00
- Roxanne Tufts-Keegan, Chair
- Scott Ferguson, Vice-Chair
- Tracy Donovan-Laviolette, Member
- Michael Green, Member
- Timothy Cremmen, Member
Code Enforcement/Health Officer
- Carl Roy - Code Enforcement Officer/Health Officer
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: (603) 515-6129 (Cell)
- Hours: BY APPOINTMENT ONLY
Please visit our Documents Page under “Code Enforcement” for additional documents and links.(Back to top)
- Location: 200A Kings Highway, Middleton, NH 03887
- Email: email@example.com
- Phone: (603) 473-5229
- Hours: Monday - Thursday 7:00-4:00
- Dan Phillips, Road Agent
- James Keegan, Foreman
- Robert Page, Laborer
The goal of the Middleton Highway Department is to provide the travelling public with a safe and efficient road system, while using the most cost-effective means possible. Through responsible fiscal management of taxpayer dollars, this goal is accomplished mainly by the diligent efforts of the Highway Department Employees, and taxpayer support.
The Highway Department Staff consists of 3 full time employees and 1 seasonal employee. The Scope of Work covered by the Highway Department > includes:
Plowing, sand and/or salt treating are the main duties during the winter months. During times of excessive snowfall a considerable amount of time may be spent pushing back and “shelfing” snowbanks. During winter months it is our goal to keep the roads clear of ice and snow. On paved roads we try to maintain an average of 2’ of exposed shoulder to allow room for snow during plowing operations. On dirt roads we try to maintain enough road width to provide for safe travel.
Maintaining roadside ditches, roadside mowing, road paving and reconstruction projects, roadside pruning and tree removal, sign maintenance, culvert cleaning and replacement, street sweeping are the main duties of the highway crew. Other duties include operating the town’s gravel pit. The Town of Middleton saves a considerable amount of money each year by producing their own sand and gravel products. Also, the crew is involved with miscellaneous duties ranging from equipment maintenance and repair, building maintenance projects, grounds maintenance, to metal and electronics drop-off days, etc… There is also a Highway Dept. crew member on call at all times to cover any issues which may occur during off hours.
Links(Back to top)
Town Clerk & Tax Collector
Theresa Jones - Town Clerk/Tax Collector
Wanda Rawlinson - Deputy Town Clerk/Tax Collector
Phone: (603) 473-5210
- Monday: CLOSED
- Tuesday: 10:00-6:00
- Wednesday: 8:00-4:00
- Thursday: 10:00-6:00
- Friday: CLOSED
The Town Clerk/Tax Collectors Office provides the following services to the residents of Middleton:
- Bi-annually collection of property taxes
- Boat and motor vehicle registrations
- Dog licenses
- Certified copies of birth, death and marriage records
- Hunting and fishing licenses
- OHRV registrations
- Administers the oath of office to all elected and appointed officials
- Provides access to public records
- Notary Public Service
- Conducts State Elections with the Secretary of State, including voters registration and absentee voting
- Vital Records (Invoice Cloud)
- Voting & Elections - Secretary of State
- Marriage Licenses (Invoice Cloud)
- Dog License Renewal/Registration (Invoice Cloud)
- Motor Vehicle Registration (Invoice Cloud)
- DMV Forms & Documents - NH DMV
- Where to register OHRV’s
- Online Tax Information - NHKIOSK
Please visit our Services Page for more information on these services.(Back to top)