NOW HIRING: Deputy Town Clerk/Tax Collector
Deputy Town Clerk/Tax Collector
The Middleton Town Clerk/Tax Collector’s office is accepting Resumes for the position of Deputy Town Clerk/ Tax Collector. The responsibilities include: providing citizens with accurate and vital information, as well as an accurate accounting of revenues collected. The position requires an understanding of applicable state laws, rules, and regulations pertaining to a town clerk/tax collector. Specific duties required in assisting the Town Clerk/Tax Collector:
- Registration and titling of motor vehicles, boats and off road vehicles.
- Accepting and applying payments for property taxes. Leining, deeding and property title searches.
- Vital Records administration including processing marriage licenses, birth and death certificates.
- Maintaining town records and other documents in need of safekeeping or of historical value.
- Assisting with voter registration and other election related business such as processing of absentee ballots.
- Acts as a key front end resource to residents and businesses in resolving questions and direction to other town departments.
- Preparing daily financial reports and deposits
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Excellent organizational skills and detail oriented a must
- Ability to work confidently and independently
A High School Diploma or equivalent is the minimum qualification, however, an ideal candidate would have a familiarity with MAAP, NHVRIN, ElectioNet, NH Fish & Game, Avitar Clerk, and Tax Collect. This is a part-time position. The position works 8-16 hours per week. Hourly wage is dependent on experience and qualifications.
Please submit a cover letter, resume and three references to firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to Town of Middleton, Attn: Town Clerk, 182 Kings Highway, Middleton, NH 03887.